New Setup

D

dev

got bored of the old setup well it was temporary anyway with those silly plastic plants. Heres there new setup for now, my live plants havent come yet so i should be adding some more stuff in there later.

http://marine.unixdaemon.org

Enjoy!

It looks very nice they will love it Dev, you may want to take out your guppies as your axies may make a meal out of them. I love your melanoid axie if that is what it is? nope i just had a closer look at a pic and found out it wasn't

what is it that you are using as your Substrate sand and?

Hey Dev, It looks like your black axie has gold specks? Mine is all black, no gold specks and no gold rings in his eyes. You're's has a bit of bling bling going on
happy.gif
I like the set up, the white sand mixed in with the black you can really see both axies that way. Black axies look like they would get lost lol. Great job with the photo taking too
happy.gif
Maybe you and Nathan should pare up and take pics together, you both take very nice ones
happy.gif

thanks guys

I am using black tahiti moon sand and the same white kind. I actually raised the left hand corner it has sea glass under a mesh platform so i needed more sand and just went with white. I am not really sure what kind i have perhaps a luestic and wildtype.

the black one is really fat he ate my guppies hehe dont have space for the guppies i guess he can enjoy them for now.

Nice setup, Dev. What is that thing casting a shadow on your axie in the second pic?? And what are your axie's names?

I dont know their sex yet so they really dont have any names i just call the black one darth vader cause hes evil. Shadow i am not sure thats an aerating crocodile ornamnet by him and his reflection in the glass and one big bubble caught in the picture.

Would like to know how axolotls mate and the difference between male and females as I have just purchased 2 for my kids. One hasn't eated in 3 days but I have live fish in tank so if he's not hungry does that mean he's eating them?

thats a lovely set up Dev. the mixed coloured sand looks great. how do you prevent it all mixing together? or dont you?

Thanks Claire, i've had black sand in the tank for many months, I added sea glass to the left hand side and placed a mesh divider above it and threw sand in, with time the sand settled fine with a slight raise to the left so it looks slopey and bumpy. I recently bought white sand and simply added it above the black sand, so it formed a layer over the black sand. I patted the sand down to create curves or indentations, but i wanted a few black sand speckles on the white sand, so i dug some of the blank sand in certain places so it looks that way. They dont seem to be mixing, occasionally my axies dig the sand so the black sand resurfaces i just pat and push the white sand back.

(Message edited by solaris on July 16, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back