New siren!

skelly98

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So my lps has had some sirens in for a while, some uber-expensive southern dwarves, and a few lesser sirens. Had the tank set up for a while now, and yesterday i got one of the lessers. Right now he/she is in a ten gallon tank, as he/she is still a baby, however i'm not going to keep her in there permanently, just until she grows a little. I have a piece of wood in the tank to serve as a hidey spot, but she hasn't used it since i gave her some bloodworms. She's currently swimming around in the tank right now. Such a cool animal. I've read the caudata care sheet, along with some other resources around the web, and i understand the need to dig, but before any substrate is given i would like to see him/her poop a few times.

Now for what you all came for.. pictures! :D (excuse the crummy quality, the camera on my phone isn't the best....)

Attachments

• IMG_20140424_071510.jpg
    IMG_20140424_071510.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_20140424_071504.jpg
    IMG_20140424_071504.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_20140424_071540.jpg
    IMG_20140424_071540.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 603
So cute! I'll be looking forward to see more pictures as she/he grows!

I admire your restraint, when I come across things like that I have to buy a whole bunch!
By the way, what's the collective noun for sirens? :p :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back