New Species Discovered in Columbian Eden

Looks like red eyed tree frog with out red eyes LOL. Cool pictures!

WHOO HOO!!! Finally? A tropical salamander!!!???

Thanks for sharing Trout!

Sharon

Thats really exciting.

There are plenty of tropical salamanders belonging to the genus Bolitoglossa. They're really pretty cool animals. Check out the species subforum on them. (They may be in plethodontids)

Alex

Thanks Alex!! Uh oh, that means I've been telling lies! :: sigh ::

I'll be sure to look at that section soon!

Sharon

Bolitoglossa is one of my favorite species in general. Check out our photo gallery and try amphibiaweb, thats the easiest way to access the calphotos website and they have stellar photos there. Its really an interesting species.

Alex

Those are some interestings finds, I was looking at a similar article to this (I'l root it out tonight) concerning a new group of toads, they seemed to have greatly exagerated fleshy growths and amazing colours.

The Rain frog pictured last was quite a beauty, looked like a more stream lined version of a Horned frog.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back