New tank and name

darkkiss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i posted up last week about a salamander my neighbour found in her greenhouse, they still don't beleave it wasn't mine to start with.
i've now set her up in a bigger tank and named her toodles. i don't think shes going to be claimed by anyone as sadly a few days after she was found another neighbour found another one of these poor little chaps floating in her pond :(.
i've put her in a large plastic pet home, used some coconut humus stuff for the substrate, used a lid from my washing liquid (never used and washed out) burried in it as a hide and curtained it with moss, put in a live ivy and brought her a new water dish. i was told she doesn't need one but as its full of dirt every morning i'm figuring she uses in some way even if shes just walking through it. i've also cut down some cheap battery powered blue led xmas lights to 1 buld and put it in the top. at night it bathes her tank in a soft blue light which doesn't seem to worry her at all and means i can see her wondering about in the dark. popped her in, she had a wonder then disappeared under the ivy.

Attachments

• DSC00675.jpg
    DSC00675.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC00677.jpg
    DSC00677.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC00679.jpg
    DSC00679.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC00680.jpg
    DSC00680.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00681.jpg
    DSC00681.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00683.jpg
    DSC00683.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 279
Maybe they'll become invasive! Wouldn't that be a hoot? Invasive opacum...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back