FYI: New Tank Divider :) 2 Axolotls in 1 tank

Nikki,

I just noticed this thread right now... How cute they are together !
Lovely tank too :happy:

Nikki,

I just noticed this thread right now... How cute they are together !
Lovely tank too :happy:

Thank you :)

They are quite silly together now -
The first few days I would worry when one would put a leg near the other ones mouth 0.0 but now they climb over each other :)

<3 >o_o< <3

After much planning & over feeding :D of my smallest axie hoping he'll grow to the same size as the friend I bought him - who quickly outgrew my original axie.

I've had to put them into the same tank, I couldn't bring myself to "see how they go together" so I've made a partition for the tank... It seems to have worked really well & both the axies are in & getting used to their new spaces :)

Here's some pics of the new tank setup

View attachment 24215

View attachment 24216

The divider is a food safe storage box lid that I trimmed & drilled to allow flow & holes smaller than smallest axie head :eek: I've placed it on a slight angle which requires less support as it is wedged in & creates 2 odd shaped areas :)

Left side - Splats tank

View attachment 24217
View attachment 24218

Right side - Squishys tank

View attachment 24219
View attachment 24220

Happy Splat
View attachment 24221

Happy Squishy
View attachment 24222

As always if you can see any issues with how I've set them up please don't hesitate to let me know - its been a learning curve educating myself on these guys & I don't want to get it wrong (again!) any input is always welcomed :)

Oh & the problems with Dobermann have been solved by moving the axies onto the kitchen counter ;) husband was hoping to get rid of the small tank on counter.... He didn't think I'd replace it with a bigger one! :D lol

<3 >o_o< <3
Hey, can you tell me which tank divider you got, cuz a lot of them that I see have bad reviews

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back