New tank set up

mogs9999

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
mogs9999
After my Axolotl died a couple of weeks ago from limb rot i have been making sure all is clean in the tank ready for another one.

I took all the sand out and cleaned it under hot water for ages to make sure there is no bacteria from the limb rot in there

all the stones/plants were treated the same but i scrubed them with a nail brush also, but i decided to throw away a hide i made as ti would have been a bit difficult to clean, as a cheap solution to the sudden lack of hides i got 5 big plastic plant pots for a couple of quid.

and lets just say I've gone a bit plant pot crazy in the tank
I've made 2 different size hides
and a planted feature and a few other bits about the tank

mogs9999-albums-new-tank-setup-picture18529-img-20111002-00056.jpg

mogs9999-albums-new-tank-setup-picture18534-img-20111002-00061.jpg

mogs9999-albums-new-tank-setup-picture18532-img-20111002-00059.jpg

mogs9999-albums-new-tank-setup-picture18531-img-20111002-00058.jpg

mogs9999-albums-new-tank-setup-picture18530-img-20111002-00057.jpg

The tank looks mint!I may borrow the plant pot idea-my tank looks quite empty!
Bad news about your axie though x

i stole the plant pot idea off other people on here anyway so its urs for the taking, but i havent seen a pot with plants in as a feature before :)

was upsetting when she first got limb rot, she was only small so we didnt notice it straight away, maybe with an adult it would be more obvious

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back