New York Metro Reptile Show Sept. 13 - 09

I'll be there. I'll be easy to spot in my red Philadelphia Phillies Wolrd Series shirt. I'll be wearing it to show off to all the Mets fans there. And stop by Mikes table of course.

Since so many of us will be there, I think we should arrange a "meet up". Perhaps at Michael's table at a certain time of the day? I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps we could go out to eat together too - I've done that with a bunch of salamander enthusiasts several times and it's always fun. Again, suggestions welcome. I will probably wear my green Caudata.org shirt. You can see my photo in that photos thread - I'm "large", just over 6' - hard to miss.

The alpines are not sexable. I look forward to meeting everybody but will probably be stuck to the table. I'm not afraid to say it. I'll be at Dawns house Saturday night for supper.

Dawn's house is almost on the way to White Plains for me.

I haven't planned my outfit yet. Hahah. I'll be there early (like 10) because i'm not a huge fan of the crowds.

I wish I were there. It would be nice to see all of you guys in person.

Since so many of us will be there, I think we should arrange a "meet up". Perhaps at Michael's table at a certain time of the day? I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps we could go out to eat together too - I've done that with a bunch of salamander enthusiasts several times and it's always fun. Again, suggestions welcome. I will probably wear my green Caudata.org shirt. You can see my photo in that photos thread - I'm "large", just over 6' - hard to miss.

Sounds great. I would love to meet up with a bunch of people from here. I dont know about dinner because of the 3 hour drive home plus I have to be some where else.

Well, I got him first and spoiled him for all of you. Michael and his wife Nancy stopped here on the way and critiqued my set ups, learned all my dirty secrets, met my ferrets, saw Dipsy do his tricks, and had dinner. It'll all be downhill from here for them! Sorry I can't make it tomorrow.

I'll be there in the morning until midday or 1 pm. I'll be wearing a black old-style (with big logo on the back) Caudata.org T-shirt. See you then.

Michael,
It was great to meet you today. You truly had some wonderful quality stock and i'm incredibly excited that you will now be a permanent fixture at the NY shows. Just one more reason for me to come.

Alex

I was working at Black Jungle's table helping them at the show. Michael Shrom and John Clare, it was great meeting both of you! It's good to see more caudates at the show.

Mike

It it seems I really missed out. Theres always next time! Glad you guys had fun.

To finally meet Michael Shrom was a real pleasure (plus I got the bonus of meeting his lovely wife). Michael certainly is a pioneer in terms of the work he does and it was fascinating to watch him in action.

I was pleasantly surprised with just how many non-salamander people had heard of Caudata.org. It was good to talk to the people at Black Jungle particularly, and I enjoyed talking with Mike Khadavi - I think we'll have more discussions in the future Mike.

I also enjoyed meeting Bill Yannone and George (Groundhog) and our high achieving lurker (I'll let you name yourself!).

It was a pity to miss out on meeting Alex, hopefully I will see you next time! I should be in attendance at the New Hampshire show coming up, and I could well re-visit White Plains later this year.

It is always nice to be able to put a face and voice with people you talk to online. John was very helpful with my new B. cognatus toads. The field obsevations you gave me will be very helpful if I'm ever to get them to breed. Thanks. And it is always fun to talk to Mike and his wife. Some people there scared me though. Like the guy that wanted to put his neon green dragon lizard in with some T. marmoratus. My trip was a bit of an adventure. I ended up on 133rd street and 12 th ave. Because they guy in the booth told me to stay right. I should have just read the big sign that hung over the bridge for I 87. LOL Now I would have no problem getting there I wouldn't even need to print directions. I saw two people with paddletail newts. The ones that Mike has are huge!!! And I saw some greater sirens for sale also. There was one guy there besides Mike with some axies but they were twice the price. I feel sorry for the people that bought them before they got to Mikes table!!!!!. It was not as crowded as the Hamburg Pa. shows but there was a nice turn out. Not really a reptile show to me unless Im packed elbow to elbow and sweating to the point of passing out. Anyone thats been to the Hamburg show in the summer will understand that. It would be nice if more of us could have been there. I would have liked to thank Dawn in person for that nice white worm culture she sent me. And my newts and Sals thank her too. Maybe there will be a nice east coast gathering of us this spring. That could be good or scary depends how you look at it.

The next Westchester Expo is Nov 29. I'll be able to make that one, maybe the rest of you can mark your calendars. Michael, will you be there?

It was nice to meet some new people. It was especially fun to meet John and go to Dawns house. It was to bad I didn't have time for a casual visit with the forum members that showed up. I was kept pretty busy at the stand. I will be at the next White Plains show on Nov. 29. It is on a holiday weekend and I've heard the traffic can be nasty.

It would take me 2 hours and 15 mins to get there with no traffic. I will have to skip that madness.

Michael, John, and Bill.

Attachments

• DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 219
It's the 6'+ club. I can't recall a photo where I've ever looked short. Thanks for posting that, Michael. See you again soon I hope :).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back