Newbie in Kent, UK

Mariaelizarose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have just joined this site. I'm looking to get a lucie or golden axie in the next couple of weeks or so. I already have a set up waiting and have been reading up about them as much as possible. I currently have other interesting pets including four bearded dragons (soon to be six!) and a bird eating tarantula. I have kept an albino frog and Amazonian tropical fish in the past.
I thought it would be a good idea to join this community so I could find a good person to get a healthy axolotl from and be surrounded with experienced and helpful people to guide me through set up and introduction if I am unsure about anything.
Wish me luck!

Welcome to the forum! It's good to see you doing your research and getting everything ready before you acquire your animal.

There is usally always someone on here getting rid of axolotls, especially this time of year. When you're ready to get an axie you can check through the for sale section or even just place a wanted ad.

Hi there.
Im from Canterbury. There is a place here called Canterbury Reptiles on St Peters Street that has axolotls in, and sometimes newts, although this maybe in the wrong part of Kent for you.

Thanks for that, Canterbury is a bit far if I can help it. I know they had them in Vanishing World in Herne Bay too, last time I was up that way a few months back. Push come to shove I will check them out :) I am T/Wells/Tonbridge/Maidstone area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back