Newbie - Wanting axolotl!

Which is the cutest pet axolotl? :)

• Total voters

Valerie Vavoom

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Lovers :)

I am from Melbourne, Australia, and fell in Love with the "Mexican Walking Fish" when I saw his little face online... It's white, with little pink fronds coming off the sides of it's head.
Anyway, I definitely want one for my friend - she had a goldfish for over 10 years, and it used to hug her. She'd put her hand in the water and it would swim in...!

Would really appreciate some experienced advice, of reputable places to get healthy axolotl, and like I said - I want that white/pink one!

I look forward to learning more about the critters!

Love and thanks!

Go to User CP (green top of the page), Your profile - Edit profile picture. If you want a picture to appear with your name in threads - Settings&Options - Edit Avatar.

It was hard for me to vote on the poll! All types of Axolotls are so cute...

White ones with black eyes.
Why? Those cute black eyes

I agree that the leucistics are the cutest!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back