Newt food!!

si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to be getting my CFB Newts tomorow i think, and was looking in a tropical store today...

They have frozen cube packs of four types of food: Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Daphnia & Mysis.

I know they eat Bloodworms & Brine Shrimp but will they take Daphnia & Mysis?
Thanks! Si:happy:

Daphnia will probably be too small.

Mysis should be ok but you'll need to check out which kind it is first. If it's Mysis relicta then your good to go on feeding them, as they are a freshwater variety and don't need any rinsing. If they are saltwater mysis, usually Mysidopsis bahia, then they'll probably need to be rinsed first.

If they are the normal small size Hikari brand Mysis Shrimp they are Mysis relicta. I contacted Hikari USA about this a few years back. I never got a reply on the subject from San Francisco Bay Brand.

Thanks for the replies, it doesn't state if they are fresh/saltwater types but ive stopped using them for now till i find out to be on the safe side

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back