Newt room

audrey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well since creekcritter started it, I figured I would post my newt room and then if anyone else wants to post pictures......it would be cool to see everyone's setups.

Attachments

• newtpics5-13-08010.jpg
    newtpics5-13-08010.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • newtpics5-13-08011.jpg
    newtpics5-13-08011.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,223
  • newtpics5-13-08012.jpg
    newtpics5-13-08012.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,339
  • newtpics5-13-08009.jpg
    newtpics5-13-08009.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,192

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Eva
OMG what a room! I am so out of my league here...

In the last picture, in the black-rimmed tank - are those axolotls?

-Eva

creekcritter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Audrey, good to see I am not the only one who has more tanks then room! Looks great, and would love to see other peoples rooms also.

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
That's a pretty sweet newt room Audrey!

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wow Audrey...It looks so organised and efficient.

Thanks for the showcase - it looks great!

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't show this to my axolotls...they'll mutiny! ;)

Cheers Jacq.

Lasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Audrey, good to see I am not the only one who has more tanks then room! Looks great, and would love to see other peoples rooms also.

I think everyone has that problem, I know I do. Thats what I get forliving in a cupboard, I suppose.

creekcritter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else wish to share photos of their collection room? I know some of you have stunning stuff!

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
I'll share a few photos of my catastrophe of a newt room. It's a work in progress. Not all of the tanks are pictured because they're outside at the moment while I build more shelves because (as you can see, there are a lot of containers stacked!). Besides what are pictured I have 2 more 55 gallons, 2 more 20 gal. longs, 1 more 75 gallon, 5 more 10 gallons, and a few other odd sized ones.

...yes I know it's a mess, and they aren't great shots, but what can you do...

Attachments

• n7.jpg
    n7.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 728
  • n6.jpg
    n6.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 659
  • n5.jpg
    n5.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 749
  • n4.jpg
    n4.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 664
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 861
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 713
  • n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 798

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm enjoying seeing these photos (including yours on another thread, creekcritter). I'll post some of mine, but I have to wait for dear hubby to return from travel with the camera [drums fingers...]

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
I can't wait to see your set up Jen!

rigsby

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Ian Rigg
I'll get the sweeping brush out and tidy up a bit first.
Nice set up Audrey wish i had as much room as you and T, i'd be able to get a bed in then i'd never have to leave. Might not go down to well with "her indoors" hmmm but i don't know.

coendeurloo

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
Coen Deurloo
I'll repost photos of my newtroom too ;)

The racks:
2369790448_448a2b4a22_b.jpg

Finally, one place for all my stuff:
2336099140_3d723f6997.jpg
2335268591_e7c00e4f72.jpg

Aquarium with T. pygmaeus:
2336095714_09640618f8_b.jpg

Aquarium with T. marmoratus:
2368956615_1e8c2d85b9.jpg

Ikea-rack (Thanks for helping me out on that one Mark) with plastic tubs and custom made tanks:
2369791956_89c05f0547_b.jpg

And old beaten-up fridge which serves as the temporary place for the paludarium:
2335271851_bdeb884bd4_b.jpg

The renovated aquarium in the living room:
2337677603_950b10e08a.jpg

Same tank in the evening:
2336086136_1924bf128b.jpg

later in the evening it will switch to this less brighter (not obvious on the photo) 'Blue Moon' fluorescent tube for a couple of hours:
2368952343_2ce1aed304.jpg

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
Coen, in your third pic, that's a great idea to keep the sand and the food separated. Nice set up.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was trying to figure out that 3rd photo. The newt doesn't seem to be inside the tank! Only after reading Jacob's comment and looking closely at the last photo did I figure it out. Brilliant!!!

Awesome set of pictures, you are very neat and organized Coen!

ed_moyer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
ED MOYER
Just thought I would show some of my newt room. The rest I need to tidy up before I can take pictures.

Half of my newt room
007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
Ed, it's great to finally see the whole thing! You have a very nice set up!

freves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Foster Reves
Geez. These are some really impressive rooms. I would have to quit my job just to find time to do partials!
Chip

creekcritter

Reaction score
Country
United States
very nice looking ! lets see some more .......Ian and others

Plethodonae

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great rooms! One day I hope I find time to do that! I'm reeeaaallllyyyy jealous... :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Anxious Axie Mom:
    Hello, I need some help please ASAP. All bets are closed. I just posted a thread
    +1
    Unlike
  • Anxious Axie Mom:
    Under sick axolotls
    +1
    Unlike
  • HakuandCoral:
    Do all impacted axolotls float? I'm worried about my two juvenile axolotls as they both have bloated stomachs and I have some plant substrate in my tank. The substrate is very small and breaks apart easity but could this still cause impaction? They are not floating at all and still eat a lot. I've been feeding them bloodworms.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    xxianxx has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • SunnyAxies:
    I have a question, I’m looking into getting one or two Axolotls and I don’t know if I should just get one or get two. Planning to get them as eggs.
    +1
    Unlike
  • CrazyForLotls:
    @SunnyAxies, It honestly depends on how much space you have. Two axolotls in the same aquarium would need a minimum of 30 gallons. (at an adult size) If you end up with opposite genders, you would need two 20 gal tanks. Males and females can't be kept together since they will breed and overbreeding the female is harmful to her body. Another factor would be if you think both eggs would survive. Sometimes axolotls hatch with defects and either die or should be euthanized to prevent them from living an uncomfortable and/or stunted life. It's sad, but it's for the good of the animal.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    Hi guys I need help relatively fast
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    I made a huge error, I’m about to cry because I don’t know why I was so stupid. I decided to clean the sponge and other stuff in my filter while I left the filter running. (I took out the parts in the filter to swish around in dirty tank water). Bc I left the filter running, all the gross stuff at the bottom of the filter filled into my axolotl tank. My tank is like brown now. I was trying to unclog something in my filter cuz it wasn’t running right and idk why I left it on I literally don’t know. I tried to take a bunch of water out snd replace it with fresh water but it’s STILL brown.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    also my filter is like not running right. It’s not a consistent flow it’s more like little droplets of water. :( I’m so confused
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    Is the stuff in my tank gonna harm my lotl? Should I just let the filter clear it up? I’m confused
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    Seems to be clearing up slightly with the filter running. Axie is okay also no signs of distress or anything
    +1
    Unlike
  • MorganeW:
    Hello! New caretaker of a paddletail who is supposedly 24, and seems to have been poorly cared for. Supposedly was fed earthworms or redworms, but every time I've pet-sat for her, she just chomped at the worm once or twice and left it, to be removed a day or two later. Now I have a bigger, clean tank and have been trying mainly frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, thawed with spring water and fed with a dropper. She ignores bloodworms, goes for the brine shrimp eagerly, but seems to spit a lot out, and ignore most. I'm not sure I can make myself chop up worms (😳) but I want to help her. She also regurgitated an inch-long, seemingly stiff, straight, dried up bloodworm! I don't even know where that came from!!! All help appreciated. Thank you.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Alyssamuniz06:
    Hello anyone that can help! I’m a breeder and was wondering how to make pellets as well as salmon pellets! I’ve seen some recipes around but they contain crickets which I thought were no good for axolotls because of the chitin. The amount taht I have devours 2 pounds of pellets in a week 😂 so any help would be great. There was another lin las well for two other pellets but I’m not sure if it lets me open it because I am in the Us?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Gis has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Camnp97:
    @MorganeW, Where are you located with that paddletail?
    +1
    Unlike
  • BluFreya:
    Hi guys,
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Hey guys.
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I’m looking for another fire Sal. Any available at the moment?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    I also want to get a Kaiser newt! 👏🏽
    +1
    Unlike
  • Kstimson97:
    I have had an axolotl hatch from its egg it's Friday today and they were only laid on Saturday this little lotl has appeared to lose its egg sack and is swimming in like a circle every now and then is this normal?
    +1
    Unlike
  • jnerdx:
    Super rare but I was looking for an Iranian Kaiser newt. If anyone has any info please send me a PM
    +1
    Unlike
    jnerdx: Super rare but I was looking for an Iranian Kaiser newt. If anyone has any info please send me a PM +1