Newt/sal paraphernalia (Part II)

TJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Johnson
(continued from http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/8/5192.html )

T'was my good fortune yesterday to run into these nifty axoltl figurines at a shop. I've already gone and lost a leg, however
sad.gif

Who knows though, maybe it got chewed off by another hungry axoltl figurine
biggrin.gif

6641.jpg

I wouldn't worry Tim. It'll grow back.
happy.gif

Those are pretty cool though. Nice find!

Thanks. Here's another find that I don't think I've posted a pic of yet. I picked this up during a recent trip to Vietnam:

6649.jpg
6650.jpg

Nice one Fabian. I have the same
biggrin.gif
(thanks again R!)

6684.jpg

Also picked up these nice cases in Vietnam:

6685.jpg

Wow, this is all pretty nice stuff! I especially like those first cases you posted Tim. Too bad the real thing doesn't have such a lovely tail.

Yes, I was blown away when I discovered that case in a small shop in Hanoi. The "newts" on the other cases are a bit too lizard-like, but they're close enough. By the way, the axoltl's leg did regenerate, just like you said it would!
lol.gif

6710.jpg

Some of the figurines in this series are really quite realistic. Here's one that's sure to please fellow Hynobius-lover Henk...

6715.jpg
6716.jpg

(Hynobius nebulosus)

That other figure is very nice too. How did you really get his leg back on??? Glue, right?
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back