Nitrate poisoning

Tanner69

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi I’ve over fed my babies and now they are fluffy and their gills have all gone , they had a film over their eyes ... OMG how scary ! I’ve since learnt a little about ammonia and nitrate ☺️ . I’ve been bathing them in salt baths twice a day and I think we are through the worst of it 🤞🏻 my question is ... now that I’ve got the tank sorted and most of the fluff has gone when can I put them back together in the tank ?

It depends on when your tank is cycled, doesn't it?

I assume you now have an ammonia/nitrites/nitrates test kit? What are your current readings?

Is your tanks cycled like Murk asked?

What are the follow parameters?

temp
pH
High range pH
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate
Gh/Kh if you are testing for it

what water conditioner do you use?
what water source are you using?

Any other tank inhabitance?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back