North American cane toad invasive research?

paris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Paris Reilley
Here I am begging again, I need to know if anyone knows any professors doing research with Bufo marinus or invasive species ecology that focuses on genteics or biological control-oh yeah and who can a PhD. The overwhelming data on them I find is for Australia and although I am sure I could get funds from there I am not looking into moving there for my PhD.

thanks in advance
paris

Hey Paris,
Try Chris Funk (Email: Chris.Funk@colostate.edu), if he is not working on cane toads he will know who is. He is at Colorado State University and works on Amphibian Ecology on South American and Central American herps. Everything from conservation to geographic gene flow and distribution. He is a nice guy to. I wrote to him but I think Im less of an ecology guy and more of a MCB guy.
Cheers and good luck!
Tyler

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back