Not sure whats happening...

L

lisa

I just got an undergravel filter for my aquarium. I have two chinese dwarf newts. I also put some wood in the tank so they can climb up on it... but for some reason the water is foggy and has little greenish particles in it. Any ideas?
thx Dynasty

Where did you get the wood, and/or what kind of wood? Most likely the crud in the water comes from the wood. A UG filter is not very good at removing that kind of stuff. I'd say empty the tank and start over without the wood. Use rocks or something to make an island.

ok... thanx for the help. I just got some bottled water today, I'll start fresh tomorrow (without the wood lol)
happy.gif

make sure its spring water and not distilled or purified. these will leach the ions out of your newts.

i got everything in order now...and my pets seem to be doing fine. here's something new though, see, the female is greedy and won't let the male eat the food...so usually I make sure the fem isn't close by when I fed the other guy. Well she came up to his food and he BIT her right on the face!!!
blush.gif
I couldn't believe it. Well hopefully that doesn't happen again. I hope he taught her a lesson. lol

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Lisa (Dynasty1918) wrote on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:44 :</font>

""<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back