Not walking around his tank much

J

jason

I have just put my two axies into their newly cycled tank and one of them just dont seem to be ok. His gills are much lighter than the other one (they go really red when he eats) and he seems to just stay still all the time. i was watching him and he threw up his food he tried to eat them worm he threw up but just left it alone. i have been reading about axies throwing up and so far i had seen it can be from eating sand and/or too much food. But i dont see why the other one is doing so well hes swimming and walking about he never stops. any ideas

Gills will go light when the axolotl is sleeping or resting. Adult axolotls don't move much at all. If food went in one end and poop was removed from the other, I don't think they'd ever move!

How much are you feeding and how often? And how big are your axolotls?

they are a little bit bigger than the pic i have of them by my user name about 3.5/4 inches. i feed them a 180g bag of brine shrimp, it contains the water as well between them each day or a small worm each. He is also pooping cause i saw him lol He looks alot better today hes running about the tank
biggrin.gif
. Do you think it could have been stressed out by been put into its new tank ? When i was saying he was not moving he spent like the whole day in the same position and in the back corner of the tank.

Yeah, moving to a new house is stressful. Glad to hear he's doing better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back