Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: One of my axolotl is a mother now!

FX1C

Reaction score
Thank you got taking the time to make all these wonderful posts. :D

I've enjoyed every single picture... watching them develop from eggs to divine babies :)

Your babies are just gorgeous and you've done such a great job raising so many :D

I'm sorry you had some losses from bad food :( but that is not your fault.

Thank you for sharing :)

<3 >o_o< <3

fishoutofh2o88

Reaction score
This thread is amazing! Your pictures are so crystal clear! What interesting colors too! What are your plans for all the babies once they get bigger?

lingkongczx

Reaction score
回复: One of my axolotl is a mother now!

Kiss you:lol:
Thank you got taking the time to make all these wonderful posts. :D

I've enjoyed every single picture... watching them develop from eggs to divine babies :)

Your babies are just gorgeous and you've done such a great job raising so many :D

I'm sorry you had some losses from bad food :( but that is not your fault.

Thank you for sharing :)

<3 >o_o< <3

Anna F

Reaction score
This was a GREAT thread and you did an amazing job with all of those babies!! I think anyone thinking about raising axolotls in numbers should read this thread. Awesome information and pictures!!

willowcat

Reaction score
Hi Lingkongczx,
I came across a couple of your posts recently. I notice that you are using body sponges for spawning mats. On one of the posts I also noticed that you used suction cups to hold down the mats. I did a post back in October using body sponges and suction cups, not knowing this method had already been used. After I saw your post, I thought that it would only be fair to contact you to let you know that when I did my post that I had no idea that you had done yours. In fact, I had not even seen your site until a couple of days ago. I know that there are no prizes for fresh innovations, but I feel that I need to say that since your posts have an earlier date than mine I should bow out of the contest. You have my vote. You win......
It looks like I need to look at more of your posts because you have a lot to offer.
Look forward to learning more from you,
Trace

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1