Question: One or Two Axolotls

jumsyie101

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys I am wondering whether I have a big enough tank for two axolotls. The tank dimensions, 3ft, 14, 20 inch high. I think it holds about 40 gallons. Here are some pictures and I may put some more fake plants in to make it a bit more prettier. I'm just struggling whether its big enough for 2 axo's. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881555.635279.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881592.275491.jpg

Mine i think looks around same size its just under 3ft and is 90 ltrs i have two axies and was recommended on this forum that 2 can live happily in this size

:) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353881925.051765.jpg

X

That size tank will easily fit 2-3 axies.

In my 3 ft I have 3, usually I just go by the foot to an axie rule until about 4ft up when there's more you can put (1.5 axies to a foot).... Actually I think we have the same tank! Is yours from amazing amazon? Lol

SaMe here. I'm find those extra 4" over ,standard, three footers is giving me wat shirtsleeves every time I need to reach the bottome of the tank. I'm currently barebottomed, but almost want to add substrate just to raise the floor! ;)

2-3 axolotls could live a long happy life in your tank :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back