Our Axolotl’s had eggs!

Eibbor10

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to this forum, but we have had two axolotls for about 10 months and bought them when they were juveniles. We have a natural black type and GFP type. They recently laid eggs and I am looking for anyone that may want them. Today there is about 100 but I’ve read they can lay up to 400 over the course of a few days.
thank you!

Picture current on 11/17

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
Free if you pay shipping or pick them up!

I didn’t know you could freeze them! How long is too late to do that? They look like little commas now, still in their sac.
Nope not to late! It seems morbid but a lot of breeders do it so the babies can get the best care possible. I would put all of them except 12-15 into a container and just out them in your freezer for a day

If they are still good to ship, I might be able to take a good bunch. I have the whole set up from when I did some other batches. Let me know if you want to work something out.

I am new to this forum, but we have had two axolotls for about 10 months and bought them when they were juveniles. We have a natural black type and GFP type. They recently laid eggs and I am looking for anyone that may want them. Today there is about 100 but I’ve read they can lay up to 400 over the course of a few days.
thank you!
Do you still have eggs available?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back