parameter help

Conniesbullwinkle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Bullwinkles mom
i have a 40 g breeder i have been trying to cycle for 3 months now its consuming 4 ppm ammonia in a 24 hour span but my nitrites are 2 to 5 ppm dosed ammonia to 4 ppm yesterday the 25 and today they were down to 0 ppm so i dosed back to 4 ppm today but dont know what to do about nitrites any help would be great also 2nd part i had to put in small heater to get where iam at so when i take the heat away will it crash cycle i have a chiller to go in when cycles compleat. i have bare bottem 2 good size resin structures sitting on 2 fake grass plastic grids 4 live plants acouple moss balls a sponge filter and hob

what size is the hob?
make sure you also have an air stone installed.

I hope you can see everything iam at the point its consuming ammonia 4ppm in a 24 hour time but when will nitrites go down.then will adding a chiller kill off good bacteria I got to get my dude outta tub jail

Attachments

• 20220630_130033.jpg
    20220630_130033.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 83
move the air stone to the other side of the tank. also get some ceramic bio media and place it into the hob.
by moving the oxygen stone it will ensure that the water is aerated throughout the tank.
by increasing the bio media it will ensure that the bacteria colony is large enough.
fitting a chiller wont kill the bacteria but fitting one whilst cycling will slow down the bacteria growth.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back