Peltier Chiller

hi, i know this is an old thread.. i'm currently building a peltier setup as well, and i'm wondering if anybody still has a pic of this setup somewhere for reference?

while mine does cool the water that passes through a water block, it baffles me that my tank temperature remains a steady 26C (original water temp is at 28C).

HI,
I just wanted to say this is a great way to go about chilling your tank, I have been thinking of putting something similar together for a while but I will say, you need to get the aluminium out. fast. It will get into the water and it is not good for the axolotl. Stainless steel that is not galvanized is the best bet for anything aquarium related. you can also use air tubing and run it through a piece of copper or aluminum but make sure they do not come in contact with the water.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back