ClockworkParrot
New member
EDIT: I dont know how to edit the thread topic but I had someone else look at the kit in a different room and it ends up the color is on 7.8. The lighting my house is such a pain it makes it hard to tell the colors on the kit sometimes. Its still going up though and I dont know why but I believe from reading that this is a safe range.
Every three days I have been testing my water since I am trying to get a cycle going and I found that my ph has gone up from around 7.4 to 7.8 today and I am wondering what could have caused that jump. I just changed around a third of the tank water today and have been changing out a portion of the water around every other day to make sure the ammonia doesnt keep going up.
The rest of the readings:
Ammonia: .5
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
The only thing I could think was 3 days ago I was setting some driftwood I got from an aquarium store where I eventually wanted it to go. I had boiled it (for a good 6 hours) already and was keeping in clean water to leach the tanins out. It was only in there for a couple of hours though before I pulled it back it. I thought driftwood was supposed to lower ph though.
Every three days I have been testing my water since I am trying to get a cycle going and I found that my ph has gone up from around 7.4 to 7.8 today and I am wondering what could have caused that jump. I just changed around a third of the tank water today and have been changing out a portion of the water around every other day to make sure the ammonia doesnt keep going up.
The rest of the readings:
Ammonia: .5
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
The only thing I could think was 3 days ago I was setting some driftwood I got from an aquarium store where I eventually wanted it to go. I had boiled it (for a good 6 hours) already and was keeping in clean water to leach the tanins out. It was only in there for a couple of hours though before I pulled it back it. I thought driftwood was supposed to lower ph though.