Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Pic of a CB M. stelzneri froglet

S

seth

Paolo,
My M. stelzneri usually spawn within about 24 hrs. or not at all. Usually the males will stay on 3-4 days even if no eggs are laid though. The latest I have had them spawn is 36 hours or so after originating amplexus and most of the time its sooner.

E

edward

Hey Seth, There is a shipment of A. spumarius due in the country next week are you interested?
Ed

A

a

FOr feeding the babies, has anyone though of buying some mites?
YOu can by various predatory mites, normally to control either spider mites or fungas gnat.
I bought some hypoaspis mites in an attempt to rid my house geckos of some red gecko mite, although it didnt work (i eventually got rid of them by picking them off by hand!)
ANyway, i had to oder these hypoaspis mites, they costed me about 15 pounds, and i got more than 10000 of these 0.5mm mites.

Just an idea

AJfr0ggy

S

seth

Ed,
That depends on the price
sick.gif
, I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment. However if they aren't to much I might be able to scrape together enough. Please e-mail me prices and details and we can talk about it. Thanks for letting me know.

Ajj,
leaf litter mites are the only mites I have used but it sounds promising. Were did you get the mites and how much were they?

The froglets are a lot easier to feed now, all are feeding on normal D. melanogaster and most on D hydei as well. They will be big enough to sell or trade before long.
15041.jpg

15042.jpg

E

edward

Hi Seth,
I tried to e-mail you earlier but you have your preferences set to deny e-mails.
My e-mail link is active, please e-mail me for info.

Ed

P

paolo

thanks for the answer
the toad have not placed eggs
I try again between some day

Shet
very beautiful froglet

Off topic --- I hope that they arrive also in Italy the Atelopus spumarius!!! how much costs for curiosity?

(Message edited by anfibi_dendro on April 26, 2004)

thomas

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any of this fantastic toad species for sale?

Sincerely
Thomas

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not the wanted section.

fishkeeper

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone still keeping or having success with these anymore? It seems they've just about dissapeared from the hobby. Its quite sad since apparently they were imported in large numbers previously.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!