Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Picked up our axolotls today!

kedakin94

Reaction score
This is Archimedes during his first feeding time at home!
butu4yme.jpg
yde7e4u2.jpg
yje6adem.jpg
5abu8emu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Consider switching to earthworms, as neither of those food items contain any calcium.

kedakin94

Reaction score
Consider switching to earthworms, as neither of those food items contain any calcium.

We only picked up our lotls yesterday, and bloodworms were all the store we got them from supplied in store, and I work with animals so brought some heart home for them for the time being. We are trying to find somewhere we trust to get earth worms from though. Thanks for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kedakin94

Reaction score
Awww Archimides has a little sadface lol, so cute! I use Yorkshire Worm's, they're very good. :happy:

Haha he does! Jarvis smiles more than Archie. And I think we're going to use up the food we have first seeing as they seem to like it, but Yorkshire Worms are more local to us so we'll most likely use them! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kedakin94

Reaction score
Haha thanks, I completely agree :p (technically Archimedes is mine and Jarvis is my boyfriends)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anna F

Reaction score
Hi, not yet? I am getting two juvies, maybe a couple of larvae and the eggs. I am sure I will come up with something,lol, but right now drawing a blank as far as names.

kedakin94

Reaction score
Awh, well good luck! You'll find the right name eventually! :)

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1