Pictures of Esteban

sws22

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Esteban my Axolotl. He is 11 months old and almost 5 inches long. Does this seem small for his age? I want him to be huge! He eats a large earthworm every other day, and he gets slugs a few times a week and sometimes pellets or tubifex worms.

-Sarah

Attachments

• esteban bubble.jpg
    esteban bubble.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 293
  • esteban big.jpg
    esteban big.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 264
I would feed him every day and earthworms are one of the most nutritous foods you can give them. Depending on the size of the earthworms I would feed him more than one, as many as he'll eat in about 15 minutes.

I want him to be huge!

He'll get nice and plump if you feed him a nutritious diet on a regular basis, make sure you don't end up with an obese Axie as a result from trying to make him "huge".

A "well fed" Axie's body will be about as wide as its head. That's a rough guildeline to tell if your Axie is under or overweight.

What a cutie! reminds me of my temporary baby Jobe, he was incredibly thin too. Good luck with feeding him up

hi sws22
he is just so cute..............
lea

What a cute little guy :) I would feed him more often he looks pretty skinny. When mine was that size (about a month ago) I fed him every day with black worms mixed with a bloodworm cube with a couple small pellets in the morning and maybe a few before bedtime. Now I give him earthworms with pellets and bloodworms as treats. He is growing so fast though! 3 cm in just a couple weeks! Feed him well and he will grow faster than you will believe. Just don't make him fat ( his body shouldn't get fatter than the width of his head looking down on him) :D have fun with the little cutie! they are so fun to watch grow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back