Pictures of T. cristatus larvae

audrey

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I shipped out all my eggs but the two that hatched before shipping time, and sadly enough they are the only ones that made it.
But yesterday I was looking in the adult's tank and found another little guy already an inch long!
They are growing well, getting fat :)

Attachments

• t.crisLucky.jpg
    t.crisLucky.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 440
  • t.cristatus1st.jpg
    t.cristatus1st.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 417
  • T.crisfatty.jpg
    T.crisfatty.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 445
Looking good. Keep up the great work!

some recent photos

they're getting big!

Attachments

• crislarva241.jpg
    crislarva241.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 344
  • crislarva242.jpg
    crislarva242.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 322
  • crislarva243.jpg
    crislarva243.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 298
  • crislarva244.jpg
    crislarva244.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 286
  • crislarva824.jpg
    crislarva824.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 336
Those look great! It reminds me of when was doing the same thing last year . . . with the brine shrimp hatchery on my desk . . . and the tupperware containers with java moss . . . it was a great time! Good luck!

Very nice, Audrey:D

Almost have my first morph!

Well they are getting big! The oldest one's gills are shrinking and I found him out on land the other day. The second one lost a gill in a little tiff with one of his siblings but is doing fine. (they are all living separately now!) The smallest one is a fatty! Pretty cute!

Attachments

• biggestlarvat.jpg
    biggestlarvat.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 438
  • misagil.jpg
    misagil.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 389
  • porker.jpg
    porker.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 346
  • porker2.jpg
    porker2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 348
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back