Please help - Eastern Newt injury

swashbuclnpirat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My eastern newt was bitten by one of its tank mates yesterday. He has been moved to a hospital tank and i am applying Neosporin every day. The problem is that he was bitten on the leg, and the leg is bitten almost halfway through. It is not bleeding, but i don't know whether i should just remove the leg and let it grow back or see if it will heal... please help. Thanks:confused:

I'd just leave it be. I wouldn't even bother with neosporin or hospitalization. Just keep an eye out for fungus or infection.

These guys are masters at healing, and he should be fine.

I noticed a part of his leg was looking a little red, so that's why i was doing the neosporin. Is this a problem or should i just let him be?
Thanks so much for your help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back