Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please post pictures of your tank!!

Ohana

Reaction score
I would love to see all of your tanks, dolled up for your happy axies! I know several people have their own threads with their sweet tanks, but maybe the mods can make this one a sticky for us all to referrence? I'm dying to see your creativity and maybe use some ideas for my own 55g tank.

Please and thank you :)

Star

Reaction score
This is currently mine, removed all the sand the other day, going to get some ice white for it soon :eek: I change the layout a lot though for a bit of enrichment :wacko:

Attachments

• tankf.jpg
    tankf.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 5,211
  • maintankhalf2.jpg
    maintankhalf2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 4,296
  • maintankhalf1.jpg
    maintankhalf1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3,761

jaquiscorpio

Reaction score
the light is purely for picture as its very dark currently awaiting the arrival of 2 sets of LED strips for top of tank ( i will also put an updated picture on soon as i have a background coming and some more palnts)
AXIES4.jpg

zoezakella

Reaction score
Here's mine, again light for photo purposes :D Have had a re shuffle since to make more space for walking but not too much different :happy:

zoezakella-albums-new-4ft-axie-tank-picture13959-new-axie-tank-014.jpg

zoezakella-albums-new-4ft-axie-tank-picture13958-new-axie-tank-012.jpg

zoezakella-albums-new-4ft-axie-tank-picture13961-new-axie-tank-040.jpg

zoezakella-albums-new-4ft-axie-tank-picture13965-new-axie-tank-023.jpg

MereB

Reaction score
My little 10 Gallon
154g1up.jpg

The bigger 4ft 56ish Gallons with my 2 adults in it
6ykrch.jpg

And the tank and stand (that I designed) and that I am about to order custom built. I found the aquarium pic online and LOVED the rock wall so I will be doing that in it when I can remove the dividers it will have in there to start with. Add LOTS of plants and that's pretty well what it will look like. It's a 5x2x2 (149 Gallons) Minus the fish of course ;) taking care there are no sharp edges.
e5kbw7.jpg

zoezakella

Reaction score
LOL what a shock opening up this thread to be greeted by a full size willy on my screen MereB, your piccies are so big I just got the middle section of your statue in the tank :lol:

MereB

Reaction score
LOL what a shock opening up this thread to be greeted by a full size willy on my screen MereB, your piccies are so big I just got the middle section of your statue in the tank :lol:
LOL They aren't that big on my screen, they fit quite nicely :rolleyes: I do vaguely remember setting mine to the fixed width option so maybe that's why it's different. Won't let me edit my post now either :( or I'd make them smaller for you guys. What can I say Michelangelo knew how to carve :lol: sorry about the shock sweetie

zoezakella

Reaction score
LOL They aren't that big on my screen, they fit quite nicely :rolleyes: I do vaguely remember setting mine to the fixed width option so maybe that's why it's different. Won't let me edit my post now either :( or I'd make them smaller for you guys. What can I say Michelangelo knew how to carve :lol: sorry about the shock sweetie

Was a nice shock ;) Love the turtle tank really nicely designed :happy:

iChris

Reaction score
@ mere

I have the same plant in my "feeder" tank as you have in your smaller tank, and it spreads like wildfire, I'm constantly cutting it back and your larger tank looks stunning.

attached are some pics of my 2 tanks and my axie, my axie tank in in my bedroom, It's not usually lit as she hates the light, and as a result the java fern I got for her tank was not doing well so I put it in the other tank. the axie tank is pretty boring right now, but she does not mind, she rearely ventures into the middle of the tank and she just trots around the sides anyway and it seems to work well. when I find some nice rocks for her tank, ill add them and a nice piece of wood that I have to go in aswell, but when we moved into our house, we had all the gardens torn up, so as a result we have no rocks at all laying around.

the other tank is set up for white cloud minnows, its planted and it has really taken off, its been only 2 weeks since I planted it. that tank has lots of water movement, it has a hang on the back filter on full and a sponge filter with air being pumped into it rather vigorously, I have a strong current to keep gunk from building up on the plants, and it seems to be working. and for good measure, I had to also share some photos of my axie.

Attachments

• 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,746
  • 100_1441.jpg
    100_1441.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,913
  • 100_1444.jpg
    100_1444.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3,550

dragonlady

Reaction score
@zoe...love your pic with all the toys and books! You know there's nothing worse than a bored axolotl! ;)

aymeh21

Reaction score
MereB hate to reiterate, but sure you don't mind. Your 4ft tank is beautiful! I am very jealous!

I just recently posted a thread of my new tank, but I'll post some pictures anyways.

Attachments

• 100_2638.JPG
    100_2638.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 3,147
  • 100_2647.JPG
    100_2647.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 2,852
  • 100_2641.JPG
    100_2641.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 2,475

Blaze

Reaction score
Sunnys tank. I'm getting a custom built cabinet for him soon.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,546
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 4,017
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,562

brillB07

Reaction score
im in the process of changing her tank but decided to let Trogdor explore. right now im letting a two layer slate cave set with the silicone for the next several days before putting it in so iv decided to hold off on the rest of the plants :rolleyes:

and no the light is hardly ever on unless for a pic ;p

**im thinking of buying some small stone tile to use as a backdrop filled in by moss...any suggestions on this idea? many thanks!

Attachments

• swang 009.jpg
    swang 009.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3,788
  • swang 012.jpg
    swang 012.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 3,288

MereB

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm loving how it's all grown together. It's had a divider added at the end of the log on the right hand end to house "Fish" so the new babies can move into his 10 gallon until I get the new tank up an running and well cycled for all of them to move into.

@ Chris ahhhh yes good old ambulia (Limnophila heterphylla) :happy: LOVES the cold and between you and me I think that stuff could grow locked in a dark cupboard so it's perfect for axie tanks.
:( Sorry the fern's not working, that's a real shame. I really love Java fern and the way it looks growing on logs and rocks.

@ Zoe :lol: well as long as it was a NICE shock :D

@ Star forgot to say before I LOVE LOVE LOVE that strawberry!!!!!!

brillB07

Reaction score
@ brillB07

you're tank is not exactly the most ideal environment for a axolotl, just saying.

oh no i took alot of things out, here in the pic the sand just got done settling and i took her out of her tub and turned on the tank light for a pic >> the only time i have the light on!! so no worries
like i typed earlier iv made a couple multi layered/roomed caves that is setting with silicone since before i had a pipe i never cared about in there lol
once i get that in there then ill know where to put the rest of the plants :wacko:

better explained i hope!

Star

Reaction score
bumping this in the hope that more people will show their wonderful tanks! Sorry if I'm not meant to!! Hoping in the next few weeks I'll be adding more pics of my three tanks :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!