Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
So i finally got myself a trio of slimy salamanders and i have to say i´m hooked for life. Though i´ve always been more a european/asian caudates person, i had something for plethodontids....but now that i´ve seen them in real life....i want them all xDDDDD
They are two juveniles and a (supposedly) male.
There´s also a pic of their tank. I hope it´s perfectly suitable for them.

Attachments

• P1060258222222.JPG
    P1060258222222.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,270
  • P1060272333333333333.JPG
    P1060272333333333333.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 753
  • P1060264444444444.JPG
    P1060264444444444.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 982
It looks fantastic! It does resemble habitats I've found them in.

Thank you :)
That´s what i was hoping for...they really seem to enjoy the set-up, with all the posibilities to hide.

Nice!

I must agree with Nathan. It looks just like the habitats I find them in. The sals look nice too.

Re: Nice!

Very nice setup!!! I'm keeping one P.Cinereus in a viv sort of like yours. Except more plants. But yours is fantastic! I give it 5 stars.

What do you feed these guys and how often? I had some morph from their larvae stage and I got them to eat crickets, but i don't want to go to the pet store every two weeks for crickets.

Thanks

Earthworms are a perfect food for slimy salamanders and they were the staple diet for mine, however, I have fed them mealworms, termites and various beetle larvae that I find in the woods. I fed mine every two or three days.

-Cameron

Jctkc, i don´t know what you have, but they can´t be Plethodon glutinosus...
P.glutinosus lays eggs on land and there´s no larval phase, they are born already as miniature adults.

Rodrigo nice animals! They look amazing! May I ask were did you got those adults?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back