Poop?

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How often would a 6.5 months old axie in 15 to 18 degree water, (usually closer to 16.5) poop, if fed every other day?

I recently cut back feeding (feed a bit more but every two days now,) but also added way more hides. Not finding any poopies so I'm wondering, are they stick in a cave and I now have to tear apart the tank, or do they go less when they get older?

As a baby, he ate multiple times a day and did at least 3 poops a day. Now I'm finding one a week if that even.

I don't know if I would be concerned, but Axies are messy poopers..... If you only see 1 a week, and added a lot more hides, I can guarantee there are some poops in those hides.

When I added a new hide my four used it as a poop bin for quite a while.... in fact they still do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back