Posting Disabled

J

john

I have disabled posting on the forum for a few hours while I do some security checks and also backup the whole thing to DVD. Please bear with me while I try to get things back together again.

yay! did we loose much in the long run-or just the 2 days worth?

Thank you so much John. So good it's working again. I don't think my axies would even be alive without the help of this site. Thanks again
happy.gif

I aim to please. I _think_ I've removed the flaw that allowed them to get in.

Well done John! How feasible is a daily incremental back-up? Does the hosting service offer this?

Why in the world would someone hack a newt site?? And is there any way to figure out who did the job?

Gord

Sooo completely pointless. Why mess around with something that is helping so many people? I learned more from this site than from anywhere else. Thank you John.

Well after the site hack occurred, my wife and I had a chat about what would happen if we lost all the data from the forum. We came to the conclusion that if that did happen and we couldn't restore a backup, then the most important resource would still be here: you guys and gals.

On the subject of backups, downloading a full backup of the site is quite prohibitive - it's about 2Gb per backup and the site's bandwidth for each month is 55Gb (and we top 50Gb nearly every month any how). The site is backed up weekly by the ISP and I've decided to take my own backup once a month now too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back