Predicting phenotype?

toothless_22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I have successfully bred my female golden albino axolotl with my male melanistic axolotl. Does anyone have any idea what they will look like when older? Here are some pics.

Attachments

• E32DBC58-1509-4AD7-8DB4-A3FA5E5C861A.jpeg
    E32DBC58-1509-4AD7-8DB4-A3FA5E5C861A.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 308
  • ABCF1488-D7CA-40BA-9787-3009D1F83407.png
    ABCF1488-D7CA-40BA-9787-3009D1F83407.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 158
It ls looking like most of them if not all of them are wildtypes.

You really can't tell 100% without knowing their genes or what the parents of the parents looked like. The parents might have some recessive genes that you don't know of. They probably will be all wild types but you might get some melanoids and albinos(there doesn't seem to be any in the pictures) if the parents have the right recessive genes. Chances are, most of them will be wild types and wont look anything like their parents.

On the 1rst pic seems to show 2 leucistic and 4 wild-types
The larva on the 2nd photo seems yellowish brown and presents a shining ring around the eye, so it is neither axantic nor melanoid.

That's all I can say now

We are may 25th, so they may have developped

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back