Pyrrhogaster social group

and I stay at this group :D Good idea Joost.

I have;
C.P.Sasayama 2.2.0.
C.P. Kanto 2.2.30 (larvae ,eggs) +,

Bye

Well, since i absolutely love this species...why not? xD

I only keep:
-4.2.X Cynops pyrrhogaster sasayamae (where the "x" means undetermined number of larvae and eggs xD)

I really hope to explore with other subspecies in the future....they are all fascinating.

Did all of you get your newts as a specified form/race? Or work it out yourselves?

I try to collect animals with locality data as much as possible. Besides that I rather speak about a location (for example a Prefecture) than the so called races. Offcourse a lot of types look very much the same, but in a Prefecture it can be very different also.

Here the forms I keep:

C. pyrrhogaster pyrrhogaster (unknown collecting locality): part of the so called 'Hiroshima race'

C. pyrrhogaster (Kanagawa prefecture): part of the so called (South) 'Kanto' race

C. pyrrhogaster (Mie prefecture): part of the so called 'Intermediate' race

C. pyrrhogaster (Kagawa prefecture): part of the so called 'Hiroshima race

C. prrhogaster sasayamae (unknown collecting locality)

Joost, it would be great to see photos of these different forms for comparison.

Well, a lot of forms do look a like, so if the locality data isn't known, it's hard to say. Japan has 47 prefectures, and just 2 or 3 prefectures have no pyrrhogasters. Determine by photo's isn't reliable for a lot of forms. But adding some pics is no problem at all.

1 pyrrhogaster (Kagawa)
2 pyrrhogaster (Kagawa) belly
3 pyrrhogaster (Hiroshima race)
4 pyrrhogaster (Hiroshima race) belly

Attachments

• IMGP3636.JPG
    IMGP3636.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMGP3644.JPG
    IMGP3644.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMGP3649.JPG
    IMGP3649.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMGP3645.JPG
    IMGP3645.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 294
1 pyrrhogaster (Mie)
2 pyrrhogaster (Kanto)
3 sasayamae

Attachments

• pyrrhogaster 'Mie prefectuur' 2.JPG
    pyrrhogaster 'Mie prefectuur' 2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 325
  • pyrrhogaster 'Kanto'.JPG
    pyrrhogaster 'Kanto'.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 370
  • IMGP2681.JPG
    IMGP2681.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 322
Here you can see the differences between 2 so called 'Hiroshima races'. The brownish animal is from Kagawa prefecture.

Attachments

• IMGP3697.JPG
    IMGP3697.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 308
  • IMGP3715.JPG
    IMGP3715.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMGP3700.JPG
    IMGP3700.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 279
  • IMGP3709.JPG
    IMGP3709.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 276
  • IMGP3717.JPG
    IMGP3717.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMGP3701.JPG
    IMGP3701.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 342
Oh, i'm amazed how similar to orientalis they can be!

Photos of my JFBN

Kanto;

Imagen168.jpg

Imagen180.jpg

Imagen122.jpg

Sasayama;

Cp1.jpg

Beautiful pics, I would love to see them also in the social group, along with others.

I also hope for more members, there are now 8 of us. I'm curious how many different pyrrhogasters are in the hobby, so please join!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back