Question: Best way to transport baby axolotls?

christinalotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have 3 baby axolotls (each about 1.5 inches long) that I'll need to transport on a car ride. The car ride should only be about 1.5 hours long. My question is, what's the best container to transport them in? I have some tupperware that I could use, but I've also read that plastic fish bags might be better for transportation.

Any advice anyone has for me would be so appreciated! Thanks!!

I think fish bags would be better, you don't want any firm/hard surfaces for the axie to bump into. packing around the fish bag would be good too, you should be able to find something around the house like newspaper or even a towel to pack around the bag instead of having to go out and buy bubble wrap or foam packing.
Hope this helps

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back