"Rattlesnake Roundup" On Animal Planet: Surprisingly Inhumane?

nwmnnaturalist

New member
Joined
Nov 8, 2011
Messages
229
Reaction score
9
Points
0
Age
43
Location
Hubbard County, MN
Country
United States
Display Name
Cassie
Rattlesnake Republic : Animal Planet

I thought Finding Bigfoot was just silly, but Animal Planet having a show that glorifies the exploitation of native reptiles is just insane. I can understand the ethical, humane harvest of a bountiful population to assist in control, but these people treat snakes like they're out there for fun and profit.

Let Animal Planet know how you feel. It doesn't belong on the same channel as Animal Cops.
 
Animal Planet isn't what it used to be. And its not because of the "death by stingray" either. Their shows have have become "MORE" less interesting. I don't know if its just me or what. I did recently watch a couple shows on Animal Planet and I wasn't amused. It has that reality TV feeling.

Animal Planet is now the new Reality TV station. Mostly about drama and farce excitement. WHEN DID ANIMAL PLANET START USING SOUND EFFECTS? If you pay attention some of their shows use sound effects now. Snakes never HISSED so loudly. I can understand why some may feel like its inhumane to skin all those snakes for money.

I did just check my wardrobe and I have nothing "reptilian" or "furry".
 
Animal Planet isn't what it used to be. And its not because of the "death by stingray" either. Their shows have have become "MORE" less interesting. I don't know if its just me or what. I did recently watch a couple shows on Animal Planet and I wasn't amused. It has that reality TV feeling.

Animal Planet is now the new Reality TV station. Mostly about drama and farce excitement. WHEN DID ANIMAL PLANET START USING SOUND EFFECTS? If you pay attention some of their shows use sound effects now. Snakes never HISSED so loudly. I can understand why some may feel like its inhumane to skin all those snakes for money.

I did just check my wardrobe and I have nothing "reptilian" or "furry".

I agree, and nat get wild is much better
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top