Really cloudy water

This sounds like it could possibly be Old Tank Syndrome? The pH drops to a more acidic range, and the water gets cloudy. OTS is a result of not doing frequent water changes, not stirring sand regularly, and not disposing of waste often enough. Look into that, maybe?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

This sounds like it could possibly be Old Tank Syndrome? The pH drops to a more acidic range, and the water gets cloudy. OTS is a result of not doing frequent water changes, not stirring sand regularly, and not disposing of waste often enough. Look into that, maybe?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Thanks! This Could be it but I know my pH is still consistently high at 8.2 and my ammonia always reads zero. However, I could be lazy with water changes and I was unaware I had to move the sand around myself (I do remove waste as often as possible tho). I will try a lot (not too much) of water changes as this forum suggests.. I think that is the "cure"?
How to fix "old tank syndrome" - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community
:animal:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back