Rectangle egg sacks, round eggs??

iSuzie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Suzi
Okay so this is by far not my first lot of eggs or first time breeding/rearing ect but Iv come across something that's quiet odd to me, my female light golden albino "Marilyn" has been busy laying, witch is fantastic, I was watching her lay and everything was fine, until about an hour after she started, she was laying single eggs to begin with, normal I know, but her first lot of eggs in a row "line" came out in rectangles shape white eggs and rectangle outter egg clear egg sacks, this was lastnight, by moring the white inner egg had become rounded and is already they are visibly developing, but however the outer egg sacks are elongated and are in a somewhat rectangle shape still! This has me beat! Iv asked Ian, he hasn't ever seen anything like it before and suggest I ask here, so here I am.. Iv got photos and even videos of her laying these odd shaped eggs, and the before they went round and after..
Have a look and give me ur thoughts please?
Hmm photos won't upload, I will post them and link them in a moment.. Please bare with me guys.

Sounds normal to me. My albino laid strings of up to 8 eggs in one long jelly shell last year. Twins, triplets and more are quite normal, although not every embryo form a multiple will make it.

No the fact they were laid together isn't te problem, it's the shape of te outer clear egg, each clear part of the egg isn't round it's rectangle.. And the white parts were too but formed into circles after 8 hours or so. But the outer clear egg didn't, ther still rectangle, I don't think a baby can develop inside it properly, and I don't mean the goo around the eggs, I mean the usually clear round outter egg sack.

They may well develop normally, even if they look like a weird shape now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back