Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

red bump

Reaction score
Look at his armpit closest to the bump. it looks abnormally black, just like behind the bump. And the bump looks infected with fungus.

Attachments

• Concerning tiger.JPG
    Concerning tiger.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 173

mellissa

Reaction score
no he has not came in contact of any animal or person other than me that i know of and the black stuff is just dirt he was burried in dirt when i took the picture

AMurry24537

Reaction score
This is totally off-topic, but it is "Barely" like "barely there" or "Barley" like the grain? Either way, it's cute, I was just curious

mellissa

Reaction score
he is named after the grain because my uncle found him and when he was naming him with my sister he saw "barely" on the back of an ale. but it was either Barely or Philbrick

Reaction score
Ok! that's great! Not to sound aggressive in any way, how do you know that it doesn't bug him? Also, may I have another picture of whatever it is when he is completely clean?

mellissa

Reaction score
i know i haven't posted on here in a while but i just wanted to say thank you guys for your help and stuff, i don't think in getting another salamander or any amphibian for a while but thanks for your help anyways. I'm still up for ideas of what his bump could have been, possibly a tumor or an infection?
speacial thnks to @LittleGreenFrog for helping me, i know they havent been onlone for a year but im still gonna thank them

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!