Red tail...

Harpii

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just looking for some advise concerning one of my axies, I know when axies hunt their gills turn very red, well we have just fed our axies some larger worms, (they usually only have a few small ones at a time) but we felt its about time they start eating the larger ones especially as the pet shop finally had some in stock but ive noticed my albinos tail is pinkish red and I can see all her veins, is this from increased circulation? or should i be concerned that she is stressed? She was fine before we fed her, it does seem to be slowly decreasing in intensity as well, any advise is much appreciated, I have done some searching but can't find a specific answer.

Sometimes my golden gets a flushed tail. If the water is a tad warm, he's active, or has to poop. Pic would help! And of course if the parameters are good. Does the tail resemble the picture of mine? Hope I attached it right!

Attachments

• kaliko22-albums-pinky-picture23117-new-bigger-tank-about-7-inches-now.jpg
    kaliko22-albums-pinky-picture23117-new-bigger-tank-about-7-inches-now.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 530
Hi, yes it was similar to that but at first it was a brightish colour with all her veins being visable and then it slowly faded to a lighter pink, shes still lseeping at the moment so I cant see her yet and still having trouble getting a pciture up :/ thank you for your reply :)

Hi, both my golden and albino have pinker tails when they have been fed, and they are being more active. They are definitely pinker than usual at the moment, but I'm putting that down to the warmer weather. As long as it goes when they are not swimming around I wouldn't worry. I order mine worms from worms direct. You can order them by size and they keep for ages. I would definitely recommend them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back