Regeneration

L

lolo

Do all caudatas have the same faculty of regeneration of their member, tail...?

Many or most can. But biology is so full of exceptions that I would hesitate to put my name on a reply (to any question) that included the word "all".

Thank you Jennifer!
rofl.gif
But, do you know any species that can?

iknow tiger salamanders can, this onethat i saved from a really bad petshop had its tail partially chewed off by crickets. after the tail healed a new tail started to grow, so now it has two tails.

cynops pyrro. can... When i got my male he had no tail but now he has at least a stub.

What about the legs? Do you think they are also able to regenerate?

Yes legs are(I think there is an article on CC about regeneration, Very neat article)

Axolotls can...

They can regenerate any part of their body including to some extent parts of their brain.

Again, I would be hesistant to say all, but I don't know of any species which are said to be unable to do so.

Ok, thanks to everyone! Don't worry i don't want to cut all my newts legs!
lol.gif

It's just a question I couldn't resolve. I've been looking on web and i couldn't find any answers.
Now, I know that most of them can.
wink.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back