Question: Regular white bumps

Reaction score
Country
United States
My axolotl had a sudden bout of frantic swimming and I was looking for signs of infection. Her tank mate has gotten fungus once but not since treatment and adding holtfreter's solution to the tank. I did notice a regular patch of white bumps throughout the main trunk of her body, but they don't look pathological nor are they iridophores. I'd describe it almost like chicken skin. I will be doing tank parameters when I come home tonight, but should I be worrying or is she just having a bad day? I was moving a plant in the tank and may have spooked her, there aren't any signs of disturbance before then - only after because substrate was disturbed.

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

nothing to worry about. you will find that those little bumps are completely normal on axolotls. they typically appear when your axolotl is around 2 years old but can appear earlier sometimes. its very notable in darker axolotls as they get older. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back