Renovations...Wish I was paid for it with other than a cheeky grin!

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Being tired of cleaning under two inch stones which my axies took great delight in hiding secret hoards of food, and thereby jamming my fingers, wrecking my nails - I decided to do something about it and replace it with sand!

After four hours of moving the water with my beneficial little bacterias, moving rocks with same little beneficial angels - hell I'll call them boulders (I think I've earned the right to be flexible with reality), moving the substrate stones, watching the puppy, watching the cat that was watching the axies, watching the axies that were watching the puppy, watching the puppy again as he noticed things were watching him, rinsing the sand, putting in the sand, putting everything back in...

To make a long story short, here attached is the end result and apologies for the picture quality of the shot without the flash - my hands were shaking ;). (I took all shots from opposite side of the room as not to bother the axies with the flash).

Vader, Leia and Eowyn have taken to their new home well...they've started playing with the sand. I've incorporated 5 or 6 caves in the design so they can have some 'time out' from one another...and where are they?

ALL IN THE SAME BLASTED CAVE! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AxiRenovations 004.jpg
    AxiRenovations 004.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 312
  • AxiRenovations 001.jpg
    AxiRenovations 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 258
  • AxiRenovations 003.jpg
    AxiRenovations 003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 237
Looks like a little world! Love the colors, too.

Looks good but if your anything like me it will be changed around at least one a month lol

Looks like a little world! Love the colors, too.

Thank you! :D

Oh dear, that flash on the glass looks like a full moon glowing doesnt it? An artistic fluke...what am I saying?...it was deliberate, it WAS deliberate. ;)

Oh dear, that flash on the glass looks like a full moon glowing doesnt it? An artistic fluke...what am I saying?...it was deliberate, it WAS deliberate. ;)

Hahaha I noticed in a pic I had taken that you could see ... ME! ... in the glass. I shudder to think of the world thus discovering my passion for Hawaiian-print dresses...

at least you were dressed :eek: :grin:

Lovely set up, I really like tanks with lots of caves and hidey holes

That looks fantastic Jacq, I love those caves you've made from rocks. My two also seem to like hanging out together:p.

That looks fantastic Jacq, I love those caves you've made from rocks. My two also seem to like hanging out together:p.

Thanks Lisa!

Yep, mine love hanging out together. On the rare occasion (stifling my guffaws right now :p) where there may be a little tiff, all differences are forgiven and forgotten as soon as the food hits the table (well, the end of my fingers anyway). ;)

Cheers Jacq.

:rolleyes:Hello

A wonderful aquarium, I am really impressed.

Goodbye:D

Kiowa

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back