Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Repashy fish/ amphibian foods?

Dyelon

Reaction score
So at my place of work we started to get in Repashy food samples which I have only used before for crested geckos. Now we started getting a food called "meat pie" which says it can be used for fish as well as reptiles and it also says salamanders and newts. I was wondering if anyone had used it before. It is a powder that is mixed with water and then microwaved to form a gel. I like it because you can leave it in the tank and it sinks to the bottom where it could be grazed on until it's gone. So does anyone have experience with using this? is there any ingredients I should look out for if I was to give it to my Ribbed Newts?

trailsofslime

Reaction score
Never used it, except for the gecko food, but from things i read and videos i watch It looks good. I think Axolotl would definitely eat it and so would some newts, but others would/might be hard to sway, it would be interesting to see if any morphing or larval newts would go for it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!