Reptivite for cricket dusting?

evut

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Display Name
Eva
Is Reptivite (Zoo Med) good for dusting crickets for my Ambystoma opacum please?

ReptiVite

I also have Nutrobal (Vetark) and calcium powder.
Thanks for your help.

I´ve used it in the past (looong time ago) for reptiles, and as far as i could tell, it did a good job.
There´s a variant called herptivite if i´m not mistaken.

I use exaclty the same product to feed crickets to my p. cinereus and a. opacum. so far no refuses at all. they will bite till the last cricket disappears:D I am very satisfied. I know they are ingesting food with correct ratio of minerals when not feeding in lumbricus terrestris (probably the best food for caudates out there)
hope i´ve helped

Thanks!

Jorge, do you actually feed Reptivite to the crickets? I thought it would only be good for dusting...?
I feed the crickets "Cricket care", also from Zoo Med, that's supposed to gut load them as well:
Natural Cricket Care™

Hey Eva. Not really you missunderstood. I dust the powder in top of the crickets and them feed them to newts. What i use to feed crickets its 100% only pure carrots. They love and it gets them with amazing amounts of carotenes!! Good for Paramesotriton juvie bellys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back