Rescue axie may be impacted

Dani.laybourn

Reaction score
Country
United States
I rescued a 2 yr old axolotl and she was housed with gravel and extremely underweight and damaged gills. We’ve had her 2.5 weeks and she has only pooped 2 times but continues to eat and be active. She had pooped a tiny pebble though. I’ve given her salmon and reduced her tank temp. It cost me a fortune to get her new tank and supplies and I honestly do not have the money for a vet. Should I be worried? Here’s a before and now pic of her and a video of her playing.

Attachments

• DA85C792-4D0D-4D5E-932C-51A756731D15.jpeg
    DA85C792-4D0D-4D5E-932C-51A756731D15.jpeg
    612.4 KB · Views: 924
  • 7C0E7B7D-324E-4BC9-85AD-BA63A96EFBB0.jpeg
    7C0E7B7D-324E-4BC9-85AD-BA63A96EFBB0.jpeg
    649.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7055.MOV
    35.6 MB
she is very small and thin for a 2 year old so everything she eats will mostly go into put weight on, looking at the video because of the slight back end lift if there is any stones left in her they are negligible at best.
try to find other ways to cool down the water as ice bottles are good in an emergency but they cool the water down too fast causing temperature swings that can cause stress.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back