Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Ribbed Newts just laid eggs, PLEASE HELP!

chase7628

Reaction score
Just bought 2 Ribbed newts about 1 week ago, and tonight when we looked in the tank there are eggs attached to all the plants and some decorations in the tank...

I have never bred newts nor did I expect to bred them...so I need help and what to do with the babies , I attached a picture of what attached to all the trees...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20171130_194806.jpg
    20171130_194806.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 148

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is so much information here on raising eggs! Do some searches. Myself, I take my eggs to a separate tank so they don't get eaten, and I raise them the "dirty method."
After they hatch I start with minced blackworms and work my way up to whole, then start with minced nightcrawlers and work my way (well, really 'their' way) up to cut up nightcrawlers.

Eggs: dirty vs clean water
There are different ways to lay eggs, "dirty" water vs "clean" water. You can do a search of that here. Basically "dirty" water is like pond water, and clean water is keeping the water super clean and changing it often. I use the "dirty" water method myself.
Dirty Tank Method

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!