Question: Ribbed Newts just laid eggs, PLEASE HELP!

chase7628

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just bought 2 Ribbed newts about 1 week ago, and tonight when we looked in the tank there are eggs attached to all the plants and some decorations in the tank...

I have never bred newts nor did I expect to bred them...so I need help and what to do with the babies , I attached a picture of what attached to all the trees...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20171130_194806.jpg
    20171130_194806.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 149
There is so much information here on raising eggs! Do some searches. Myself, I take my eggs to a separate tank so they don't get eaten, and I raise them the "dirty method."
After they hatch I start with minced blackworms and work my way up to whole, then start with minced nightcrawlers and work my way (well, really 'their' way) up to cut up nightcrawlers.

Eggs: dirty vs clean water
There are different ways to lay eggs, "dirty" water vs "clean" water. You can do a search of that here. Basically "dirty" water is like pond water, and clean water is keeping the water super clean and changing it often. I use the "dirty" water method myself.
Dirty Tank Method

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back