Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Roach Breeding

bluez3023

Reaction score
Here are my two roach breeding bins, they're a both 19 litre "really useful box" from Staples with holes drilled through the top

P1012818.jpg

Blaptica Dubia:
19 L plastic box
egg crates (free from local restaurant in NY)
carrots
occasional cat food

Ive had this setup for about 2 years now and have yet to run out, I don't heat this bin because my pacman doesnt eat them fast enough.

P1012816.jpg

P1012814.jpg

Panchlora Nivea:
19 L plastic box
eco earth
terrarium moss
wood/log
heating pad
vaseline

just started this several months ago, they really chew up the wood, of course these roaches fly so vaseline barrier is needed (theyre also harder to catch). They also seem to need more heat/humidity than the dubia

P1012819.jpg

P1012824.jpg

I'm also looking for an additional flying type of roach and a more active/fast roach any tips/suggestions?

P1011782.jpg

Jake

Reaction score
I'm also looking for an additional flying type of roach and a more active/fast roach any tips/suggestions?

Lobster roaches (Naupheta cinerea) are pretty fast. They are fast breeders when kept above 80 degrees F. However, they can easily climb glass so if you choose them be sure to watch your frog eat to ensure that they don't escape.

Turkistan roaches (Blatta lateralis) are extremely fast and extremely fast breeders. They can not climb glass. Their only major fault is their size, they only get to be about as big as a cricket, but breed so fast that it doesn't take long before you have enough to spare for your frog to eat several dozen at a time!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!