Roots

E

eric

The resin root system I was looking at as a decoration in my tank is now too small for the effect I wanted to create. If I obtained some real roots from an overturned tree - would the real wood mess the tank up, or would it be okay to use? I know some people use real driftwood....

Driftwood would be fine if you baked it I believe. I think you can bake it
sick.gif
not sure though. I have heard you can. Someone suggested bleach to me once, but this causes more problems than it's worth, or it did for me when I have tried it in the past for other creatures. www.petco.com Sells driftwood. Also,there are online places, not that I know I could post a link to, that sell bigger models of driftwood, and also make custom made fake driftwood. Try a google or a yahoo image search. I think you will be very successful in finding something lovely for your tank ^_^ Good luck!

Thanks Rheann! Baking the wood is a good idea! I live in a swampy region of Texas - I think I should be able to find a good piece of wood to use from our marshes. I think I'm going to go out into the bayou with my kayak and see what I can find!

Hey Eric, that pic on your profile is outstanding! Did you draw it? Or did you find it? I would like a copy of it. I love Dragons, actually a bit of an obsession I have ^_^

Actually, I photoshopped it. I don't have it whole because I built it for a logo for a rust cleaning product. But I can send you an image of the head and neck, the arms, the coils and the tail if you'd like. What format would be best for you? Will a JPEG work?

Thanks so much Eric! JPEg would be best for me. I would really appreciate it, thanks so much ^_^ My email is in my profile. ^^ And you did a great job photo shopping it! I wish I had photoshop, can't afford it right now
cry.gif
So expensive right now! The latest version that is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back