Rotting tail

My axie has been in the fridge for months but her tail doesn`t get any better. It even looks like it got little bit worse. (she`s got more red spots on her tail) I`ve been changing her water every day with properly dechlorinated water, and in general she looks fine, she eats every 3 or 4 days and there are no sings of stress. I`ve read that in the fridge they regenerate fast and almost any kind of sickness can be cured, but she has been in the fridge for several month and nothing happened :(
I think just keeping her in the fridge any longer won`t be any use. Is it OK to put her back in the tank?:confused: And my other axie is big enough now so I planed to put two of them in the same tank. But if red spots on her tail mean an infection it may easily move to my other axie. What should I do about her tail? And is it safe to put them together? :confused: Please, have a look at her pictures again, now it looks like this. (You can see how it looked several month ago in the beginning of this tread)

Attachments

• DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 169
Hi,

Again i stick to my usual initial thoughts. There is no sign of infection. The fridging does no harm and as your axie is eating properly and appearing otherwise healthy and not stressed, i don't see a problem in placing your axie back to the main tank.

Just remember to let the cold water in the tank warm to room temperature before you put your axie back to prevent temperature shock.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back